Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Self Portrait, A Japanese Folk Tale, and our School Cafeteria

Note from Mom:

Karissa and Amy passed off blogging duty to me tonight so they could get to bed on time. Here are some glimpses from our school day today:
I'll let Amy tell you about a story she read in Language Arts today. It is a Japanese Folk Tale called The Tongue Cut Sparrow.






Karissa wanted to explain a little about a very important subject at Maple Tree Academy:

LUNCH! : )




The most important ingredient:


This is Amy's first self portrait.
We have been studying portraits in Art, and the girls each made their first self portrait. (Karissa's isn't finished quite yet) They will be doing these frequently throughout this school year and will continue until 12th grade. I'm excited to see how they and their art change throughout this year and the years to come.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun lesson day! I use to read a Japanese story called Rikki Tikki Tembo No Sarembo Sary Bary Ruchy Pip Perry Pembo...now that is a mouth full...a little boy fell in a well and his friend went to go get help but his name was so long the friend had a long time getting his whole name out, then he finally learned to say it really fast! You should try it, it is fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy's getting a kick out of your great blog, girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! My kids liked watching those videos! I lovd that story Mia talked about! Good one! Hope you guys have a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun story Amy! Blogging is such a good way to reflect on your learning everyday. I wish I could have my students at school blog about their day. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiya had fun watching you guys. Thanks for sharing! Have fun at school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun school day! I love that you girls are making your own lunch!!

    ReplyDelete