Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to School

From Karissa:

Hi Guys! I'm back!

Do you like the pictures of our dream dog? We were learning about Leonardo da Vinci and we wanted to draw a picture of our dream dog. I hope you like them!

The first one is a sketch:




The second one is the REAL THING!


I love sketching. In fact, I'm going to go sketch! See you later next blog post!

From Amy:

Yesterday, we learned about Leonardo da Vinci and me and my sister, we were looking for labradoodle dogs and we found one that was named Sally, but we would name it Honey and it is our dream dog. Leonardo da Vinci gaves us an idea. He likes to paint and we like to paint. And sketch, too.

This was my picture of Honey. I got the idea from Leonardo da Vinci:



I was laying on the floor because I was going to draw a picture of our backyard. I was telling Jesus thank you for the outside:


Amy writing in her prayer journal



I get to start learning about money and time now because I took the math test and finished it, so I get to move to Semester Two!

When I was in my old school I used to read All Tutus Should Be Pink all the time. When we went to the real library I found All Tutus Should Be Pink! Now I get it to read it all month!

Bye Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Mommy:

Yesterday was a little rough getting back into the swing of things after such a relaxing vacation, but we were able to make it through all of our lessons so I count that as success! : )

I love the pictures of Amy on the floor for all of these different lessons. She definitely likes to spread out!

It was fun for me to see how the girls are doing in math. They both finished up the Semester One curriculum and are ready to move on to Second Semester. Hopefully we'll be able to bump them up to the next grade level before the end of the school year. Letting them advance at their own pace was one of my goals for homeschooling.

We'll check back in tomorrow! It seems to be easier to write about the day before instead, so we'll tell you about today, tomorrow. Get it? : ) Thanks for supporting us!

1 comment:

  1. It's great having you back blogging, girls. It's great to hear about your lessons. Grandma

    ReplyDelete